Working with virtual machines in the public cloud, requires us from time to time to troubleshoot operating system, boot, and network connectivity issues.
In the past, when we worked locally with physical machines, we were able to login to the server console and run commands that assisted us debug problems, but how do we accomplish the same using public clouds?
The cloud providers allow us to connect to a “serial console”, login to the operating system and run commands.
Below are the various alternatives for connecting to a serial console:
- EC2 Serial Console for Linux instances
- Troubleshoot Boot and Networking Issues with New EC2 Serial Console
- Azure Serial Console for Windows
- Azure Serial Console for Linux
- Serial console with Azure VMs - Troubleshooting and diagnosing
- Interacting with the serial console
- Viewing serial port output
- gcloud compute connect-to-serial-port
- Troubleshooting Instances Using Instance Console Connections
The original post can be found on the link.